The Medical Staff
The physician who admits you is responsible for directing your care while you are in the facility. Your physician, as coordinator for your treatment program, should be consulted if you have questions regarding your illness.
The Nursing Staff
The nursing care is provided by a team of professional registered nurses and certified nursing assistants. The Director of Nursing is responsible for coordinating care in each clinical area. Please feel free to contact your nurse or Director of Nursing if you have questions or concerns.
Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
Ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) are also known as outpatient surgery centers or same day surgery centers. In simple terms, ASC-qualified procedures can be considered procedures that are more intensive than those done in the average doctor’s office, but not so intensive as to require a facility stay. Avoiding hospitalization can result in cost savings to the party responsible for paying for the patient’s health services. ASCs do not routinely provide emergency services to patients who have not been admitted to the ASC for another procedure.
We realize that not everyone communicates via the same language. We have 24-hour access to in-person and telephonic interpreters for Spanish, and other foreign languages, including sign language interpretation. If you have difficulty understanding or relaying a message to anyone at CPSC, we may have someone available who can speak your language and help you communicate.
- There is no smoking permitted at CPSC. CPSC is a tobacco-free campus. This affects both our indoor and outdoor properties.
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately and must wear shirt and shoes.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Service Dogs will be allowed in the facility, but must wait in the lobby during the procedure. No other animals will be permitted within the facility.
- Ask for the prescription refill while your doctor is in the room with you.
- Please allow 72 hours for prescription refills by your doctor and for prescriptions requiring prior authorization from your insurance company.
- Remember to tell your doctor about any drug allergies you have.
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
Infection prevention and control is extremely important. We use gloves, gowns, masks and/or eye protection based on the condition of the patient. Patients, visitors and staff must follow any instructions posted near the patient’s care area.
- Visitors should not come to the surgery center if sick.
- Anyone coming in contact with you should wash their hands.Only patients may use the restrooms in patient care areas. All others must use public restrooms.
Cellular phones may only be used in the main lobby. If you are unsure of where to use your cellular phone please ask facility staff.
CPSC offers wireless Internet access. Some areas maybe restricted from use, but areas such as the lobby and the refreshment area all have Internet access.
The Business Office of CPSC welcomes you to our facility. Your health and well-being is our primary concern. We hope that the information provided answers questions you have regarding our services, policies and procedures.
The Business Office is open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday to handle your billing and collection questions.
PROFESSIONAL PHYSICIAN BILLING
Physicians involved in your care are not employees of CPSC and will bill separately for their services. Below is a list of physicians that may bill you. If you have any questions regarding these bills, you should call the physician’s billing office directly at the telephone number listed on the statement you receive.
- SURGEON: You will receive a separate bill from your physician/surgeon and his/her assistants.
- ANESTHESIOLOGIST: This physician specializes in the administration of anesthesia that you may have received during your surgical procedure.
- RADIOLOGIST: All x-rays, CT scans and MRIs ordered by your physician are read and interpreted by a radiologist. You will receive a separate bill for the radiologist’s services.
- CONSULTING PHYSICIAN: Consultation fees will be billed separately when your physician consults with other physicians on your case.
- PATHOLOGIST: All laboratory procedures and tests ordered by your physician are carefully supervised and interpreted by a pathologist.
CPSC is a smoke-free facility. As a healthcare institution, we recognize the hazards of smoking and enforce a ‘No Smoking Policy’. We do not permit smoking inside the building or near any entrances to the facility. For your health and the health of others, smoking is only permitted away from the facility in the designated smoking areas. Please speak to your physician with regard to alternative measures.
We care about your opinion of us. That is why we have made it easy for you to give us your comments and to tell us your concerns. Your name will in no way be associated with the results that are provided, unless otherwise specified by you. You will receive a patient satisfaction card upon being discharged.