The following items will need to be brought with you to your procedures at Cedar Park Surgery Center:
- Insurance Card
- Driver’s License
- Form of Payment (if applicable)
- Advance Directive, Such As A Directive To Physicians (Living Will), or A Medical Power Of Attorney
For appointment information or issues related to your care, call 512-498-9006, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. On rare occasions, it may be necessary for you to leave a message. One of our care providers will return your call as soon as possible. If you have an urgent situation after hours that you think requires a doctor’s attention, please call your physician’s office.
One of our nurses will call you before your surgery. It is important for us to discuss your health history with you prior to your surgery. If you have not spoken to a nurse prior to your surgery, please call us at (512) 222-0314. We will confirm your arrival time, discuss your health history and medications, and answer any questions.
The nurse will ask you some questions about your health.
The nurse will talk to you about your medicines (including over the counter and herbal remedies), diet, activities, pain, and other ways to get ready for surgery.
- If you take aspirin or medicines that have aspirin, or take blood thinners or have bleeding trouble, tell your surgeon so you know when to stop taking them before surgery.
- If you get sick – sore throat, cold, fever, etc. – tell your surgeon before the day of surgery.
- Find out everything you want or need to know about your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything, not even water, after midnight unless otherwise instructed by your physician or facility nurse. Surgery may be cancelled or delayed if you have consumed any food or fluids.
- Gum, mints or hard candies are not allowed. Do not smoke.
- If you take daily medication, check with your doctor about what to do the morning of your surgery regarding your medications.
- Please have no more than two adults accompanying you. One at a time may be allowed to visit the patient prior to and after surgery.
- Pediatric patients less than 10 years of age must have a responsible adult remain in the facility until the child is discharged.
- If there is a possibility that you are pregnant, please be sure to discuss this with your Surgeon and Anesthesiologist.
- Bathe or shower to reduce the chance of infection. Wear clothing that is easy to take off and put on.
- If you have a cold, a fever of 100 or higher, a skin rash, or an infection of any kind, please notify your physician before coming in for your surgery.
- Leave all valuables at home, including jewelry, cell phones, etc. Be sure to bring a form of payment if applicable.
- Remove all body piercings.
- If you wear contacts, bring your case and solution to store them in during surgery.
- If you wear dentures or have removable bridgework, they may be removed before surgery.
You may be asked to arrive one hour to one hour and thirty minutes before your surgery/procedure time. Please inquire to be sure you know what time to arrive.
Family and friends are urged to remain on facility grounds during the surgery/ procedure.